Alice Padovani was born in 1979 in Italy where she lives and works today. She graduated from the University of Bologna with a Master’s Degree in Philosophy in 2007 and a Master’s Degree in Visual Arts in 2015.
Padovani worked as an actor and director in the early 2000s and has an interest in experimental theatre which rears its head in her art practice.
A constant research and an unconventional path in the art world leads her to explore and to experience with many differents media, themes and artistic techniques.
Padovani has an obsession with death and the passing of time. Her art acts as a kind of visual diary for personal experiences with loss and grief. Ghost-like in their weightlessness, Padovani’s drawings appear to hover on the page, repetitive and process-driven.
Similarly, her assemblages and installations possess a purposeful delicacy which gives the impression that they have just been arranged there, only minutes prior to the viewer’s arrival. A mimicking of museological display is evident in her object works with their pins holding small collections of specimens in place. Preferring drawing, installation and performance, as a visual artist she takes part in several national and international solo and group exhibitions. Her artworks are part of important private collections in Paris, London, Rome.
- 2018 First Prize Sculpture – Nocivelli Prize 2018
- 2018 Special prize Guidi&Schoen Gallery – Arteam CUP 2018
- 2018 Biafarin Honor Award – Arte Laguna Prize- Venice
- 2018 Paratissima Talent Prize – Paratissima Fair – Bologna
- 2017 Vanilla Ed special prize – Arteam Cup 2017
- 2016 Art Rounds – Celeste Network 2015 Who art you? 4th edition – Press Award winner – Milano
- 2014 Young Art Pitching prize, Art&Museum International Exhibition Xchange – Torino
- 2013 Arte in Contemporanea. 3rd edition – winner of two purchase awards – Modena
MuDI – Diocesano Museum of Sacred Art – Taranto (Italy) Hotel de Crillon – Paris (France)