Mauro Pallotta has been in every big international newspaper from the Washington Post to Yahoo News International, The Chicago Tribune and France’s Le Monde to name a few. In August 2014 his works were displayed on maxi screens in Seoul during Pope Francis’ visit of South Korea.
Predominantly using acrylic spray on wool steel, MauPal’s artwork holds strong social and political value. Portraits such as ‘Islam’ and ‘Hitchcock’ represent the artist’s temperament and sensibility as he draws on the topics of religion and mainstream culture.
The artwork that launched MauPal’s prominence was his giant street painting of Pope Francis, positioned at a side road, just steps away from the Vatican. Since 2015, the artist has been exhibiting in London, where his next mural “The Yoga Queen”paid homage to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Burgeoning into one of the great art hubs of London, the Meliá White House Hotel previewed several MauPal’s paintings including his celebrated portrait of Alfred Hitchcock (The Level Lounge). His latest work is a site-specific installation, created for the Meliá White House during the World Travel Market, called “Bagaglio a mano” (Hand luggage). The installation is a series of luggage depicting on one side Albert Einstein opposite to an Ape, a reminder for all travellers around the world or through life, to not forget to put in your luggage the same percentage of instinct and mind.
- ETERNA Official Rome’s Celebration Festival – EUR – Rome – Italy
- Artrooms Fair Melià White House – London UK
ETERNA Official Rome’s Celebration Festival – MACRO Testaccio/L’altra Economia – Rome – Italy
Goetheshaus “Der perfekte Mädelsurlaub-Rom” – book presentation – Rome
Romics 2016 “Comics & street art” – Conference – Fiera di Roma
Museo Bilotti “Street Art a Roma” – Photo Exhibition – Rome – Italy
- Ritratti di Poesia 2015, Tempio di Adriano, Rome, Italy
- Artrooms, Melia White House, London, UK
- “Rome Film Festival”, Hotel Marriott Via Veneto, Rome
- “Souvenir”, MAXXI Museum, Rome
- Since 1928, Le Dame Art Gallert, Notting Hill, London, UK
- Live performance at Jazzitfest, Collescipoli, Italy
- Street Art Group Exhibition, Via Fanfulla da Lodi, “Io so i nomi”, Rome, Italy