Le Dame Art Gallery is proud to announce the first edition of its Photo House Photography Competition. We are excited about opening the doors to the most popular form of visual media, photography. The aim of this international competition is to extend our art gallery collection to include a brand new photography section. Having been scouting emerging artists over the past four years, our Contemporary Art Gallery in London, wishes to offer all talented photographers the chance to show their unique vision of communicating ways of seeing the world.The Photo House Photography Competition gives all participants the opportunity to have their work judged by a jury of experts; win prizes and be included in the London exhibition. The first 15 pictures shortlisted by the jurors will be showcased in our London gallery from the 1st of November to the 2nd of December 2017. “A photograph is worth a 1000 words” as we know, and we believe Photography is Fine Art. Be part of this competition and share your vision. It will be a great honor to include your contribution.
Lichena Bertinato, Photographer and Curator
Italian Version, please click here PHC Bando ITA
‘On a journey’ is the theme for the PHOTO HOUSE 2017.
Once in a lifetime, we have all embarked on a journey, an exotic trip or holiday. An adventurous expedition, as a necessity, a means of escape or the only way out. There is also our daily commute alone, in a car, or on a crowded train. Travelling is the dimension of movement triggered by the unstoppable search for something new, or unusual. It also represents self-exploration of our inner thoughts and hopes, which may be faced with both excitement and fear. Photographers are invited to capture the emotions which go beyond the immediate experience of travelling, to include the diverse worlds which conflict and coexist simultaneously in modern life. All visual interpretations of these concepts are welcomed. Documentary and conceptual, as well as storytelling and abstract.
15 artists will be selected to be part of the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery.
The three categories for this year are:
Digital and Analog Photography Category
A single image category. Colour or B&W images welcomed. Unlimited number of entries allowed.
Mobile Photography Category
A single image category. Unlimited number of entries allowed.
Portfolio Project Category
A series of 5 -10 photographs from the same project.
- Entries should all be received by 5th September 2017 at 11:59 pm (Greenwich local time GMT+0).
- Black and White photos are allowed in all categories.
- Entries for the Digital/Analog Photography and Portfolio Project categories must be in high resolution JPEG files, with a maximum of 2 MB in size (the minimum of the longest side being no less than 2000 pixel; the quality no less than 300dpi).
- In the Mobile Photography category only photo(s) from smartphones or tablets are permitted and all entries must be JPEG file with no limitation in size.
- All participants can enter an unlimited number of pictures in the following categories Digital/Analog Photography and Mobile
- In the Portfolio Project category, participants can submit a series of 5-10 photographs from the same project.
- Submission fees for Digital/Analog Photography and Mobile Photography categories: £10 (1 image); £20 (2-4 images); £30 (5-8 images). Portfolio Project category £40 for a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 images.
- Shortlisted images and winners will be announced on 15th September, 2017.
First Prize Overall Winner:
£ 500 cash plus one year representation contract with Le Dame Art Gallery, 1 image to be included Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery. The Overall Winner will be selected among all Categories.
Prizes by Category:
Digital and Analogue Photography: First Prize*: a weekend for two in London at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá White House near Regent’s Park and 1 image to be included in the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery in London.
Mobile Photography Photography: First Prize: a weekend for two in Paris at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá Paris La Defence and 1 image to be included in the Photo House Collective Exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery in London.
Portfolio Project Category
First Prize: a weekend for two in Milan at the 4-star deluxe Hotel Meliá Milano and a Solo Exhibition at the Trafalgar Exhibition Space in London’s Le Dame Art Gallery for one.
*The Winner of the First prize will be included in the Collective Exhibition